Manager - Collections (Tamil Nadu)Located in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu, India
ABOUT THIS JOB
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing staff members and ensuring the accurate and timely collections from customers.
- Achieving collection goals and targets for the department.
- Creating and implementing a strategy to improve the collection of outstanding dues.
- Implementing collection policies and procedures to avoid excessive outstanding dues.
- Ensuring that the company policy on recoveries is followed and that it is in line with state and federal regulations.
- Negotiating with customers in cases when non-payment occurs.
- Preparing monthly feedback reports on payment collections.
- Training and mentoring of staff members in the collections department.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a related field.
- The ability to work accurately and independently.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong time and people management skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
Jaikisan at a glance
- Team of >500 people
- Located in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu, India
OUR VISION: Jai Kisan was founded with the vision of making financial inclusion a reality for rural individuals and businesses. Jai Kisan today provides digital financial services starting with credit for online and offline, income generating, rural commerce transactions. THE PROBLEM WE ARE SOLVING: Informal credit by the merchant or seller is an expectation for customers and not a value-added service in rural India. Lack of formalized credit poses a dire and imperative challenge for rural businesses to grow. WHAT WE DO: Jai Kisan has leveraged the captive relationship between the business and the farmer and rural individuals in a B2B2C manner to deploy credit to farmers and rural individuals en masse in a sustainable manner working with 700+ organized and unorganized entities in the space with a cumulative customer base of over 1.5 lakh rural individuals including farmers. By empowering rural businesses through point-of-sale/purchase credit, Jai-Kisan has helped create scalability for rural businesses and helps deploy low-cost formal credit to farmers and other rural individuals. OUR INVESTORS: Jai Kisan has raised US $30mn in Series A funding led by Mirae Asset with participation from Syngenta Group Ventures, existing investors and others, prior to this, Jai Kisan had raised US$ 4mn in a pre-Series A funding round led by Arkam Ventures. Also joining in the round was NABVENTURES — the VC arm of Indian development finance institution (DFI), the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) in its first-ever private investment. WHO WORKS AT JAI KISAN: The Jai Kisan team is dedicated towards executing our mission and is passionate towards supporting the transformation of rural India. An entrepreneurial attitude and passion to drive results are core values we seek in every member of our team. Our team comes with varied industry experiences from experienced product builders to industries such as private equity, management consultancy and much more. We pride ourselves on having a dedicated professional team focused on building world class solutions to deliver sustainable financing to rural India.