Software Development Engineer - Intern/TraineeLocated in Bangalore, Karnataka, India
ABOUT THIS JOB
If you are an individual looking to create change in the world by building a seamless and a comprehensive solution for the long neglected rural households in India, Jai Kisan is the right place for you. Jai Kisan is a fintech platform providing and facilitating sustainable financing in rural emerging markets. Jai Kisan's platform is built to empower the growth of Rural Indians, especially farmers.
We provide low cost and timely financing for agricultural equipment, dairy equipment and other rural yield generational assets that is more flexible and transparent than any other credit option available today. Our team is extremely passionate, dynamic, ambitious, young and result driven. We have left top private equity, investment banking and consulting firms to build an enterprise that delivers sustainable financing to rural emerging markets.
About the role
We are looking for a motivated, extremely eager and talented Software Developer Interns/ Trainees to add to our innovation team. The ideal candidate is the one who is willing to undergo 6 months on internship with us. Be a dependable team player with initiative, a strong work ethic, passionate, self-driven, and a positive attitude to help create and impact the Jai Kisan agri-fintech platform. Be a contributor for next generation finance technology -large, distributed software platform, credit score engine and related new tools. If you think this would define your hero's journey of enabling 'the next billion' then apply for this role.
What you will learn during your stint with us
- Design, build and maintain lean and high-performance products.
- Present detailed study reports and innovative solution to solve for the given problem statements.
- Understand and digest the broadly defined problem statement and build a suitable and sustainable solution for the same.
- Conduct market research to provide most innovative solution among various options.
- Take ownership and responsibility to implement the devised solutions.
- Ensure seamless adoption and ease of use of the developed products.
Skills we look for
- Good understanding of basics of computer programming- OOPs Concept & Design, Data Structures , Algorithms and Database concepts.
- Familiar and interested in one of the following: Have good analytical skills and mathematical background OR Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exposure to SDLC and working in an agile environment to deliver high quality software (Preferred).
Qualities we look for
- A self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset – we are a small and nimble team solving a nation wide problem – we expect entrepreneurial instincts with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership.
- Empathy and a strong passion towards the common man – we are solving a problem for the 'next billion' underbanked, underserved Indians.
- We expect you to show empathy and understand the needs and problems faced by the rural Indian.
- Ability and agility to pick new challenges and opportunities and deliver a high impact performance.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A sense of humour, really!
Location - Bangalore & Mumbai
Selection Process - 4 easy steps
- Step1: Profile shortlisting based on the skills required for this role and interest of the applicant.
- Step2: Shortlisted applicants will be invited for Online Technical Test or Case Study or Assignment.
- Step3: Shortlists from step 2 will be invited online for First round of Technical Interview.
- Step4: Shortlists from step 3 will be further invited online for Final round of Technical Interview & Culture Fitment Assessment.
Jaikisan at a glance
- Team of >500 people
- Located in Bangalore, Karnataka, India